Thursday, September 18, 2008

AG Candidate Webpage Hacked!!!


I came home from work a bit early today. With the boss out of town, she was kind enough to allow me to use some leave time. I went to surf the campaign sites for updates, and stumbled across http://www.jeanwelchhill.com/. I was shocked to find that the website for the Democratic candidate for Utah Attorney General has been overtaken by a hacker! Take a look by clicking the link.

Though I can't imagine a great deal of traffic is flowing to her website, I feel for the Democrat and her campaign. This kind of nonsense can take hours to repair, and writing the material for a website takes a significant chunk of time. Here's hoping the culprit is caught, but regardless, let's hope Jean's website comes back up soon.

I am no internet security expert, but it would probably be wise for campaigns take a good look at their webpage provider's security options.

No comments: